GARSINGTON & Cowley closed in on the Airey Cup final as they saw off hosts Faringdon by six wickets in Group 1.

Faringdon had little answer to the bowling of Amin Rafiq (5-19) and Bilal Khan (3-14) as they fell to 139 all out, Mike Hume hitting 30 for the hosts.

Rafiq completed a superb all-round display with 52 not out, while Khan scored 32, seeing Garsington home at 141-4.

Witney Swifts ensured the group winners will not be decided until this weekend as they eased past Watlington by 80 runs.

George Townsend led the way for Swifts as his 55 helped them to 159 all out, Kieran Foggett (36) and Charlie Fisher (35) also on song.

Alfie Saunders then claimed 4-13 in eight overs as Watlington fell to 79 all out.

Kamlesh Ukarda struck 84 to help Tetsworth to a crushing 194-run victory over Clifton Hampden.

Rajesh Nrggie (63) and Ritesh Mistry (50) helped Tetsworth to an imposing 276-6 and then Ukarda took 5-15 in his eight overs to reduce Clifton to 82 all out.

East & West Hendred defeated hosts Wolvercote by 16 runs after Jack Mulford struck a fine 52.

It saw Hendred set 178-8, before Wolvercote were held to 162-8.

In Group 2, Combe’s Robbie Nicholson smashed a brilliant unbeaten century to help his side to a 37-run win over Chipping Norton.

Combe opted to bat first and Nicholson hit 122 not out with Chris Moore 71 not out to lead them to 220-2.

Pete Moss then took 4-48 as Chippy were held to 187-9.

Oxenford edged past visitors Hook Norton by one run.

Divya Puri (92) and Roshan Gedera (57) helped Oxenford set 185-6.

Hooky got to within two runs of victory, but closed on 184-8.

Andy Walker’s outstanding 6-9 was in vain as Stanton Harcourt lost by 21 runs to Marsh Gibbon.

Joe Leonard (46no) helped Marsh Gibbon to 115 all out despite Walker’s heroics, then Vikram Pandit took 4-18 as Stanton were shot out for 94.

Rehman Ullah’s 5-7 helped Westcott to a 58-run win at Wootton & Boars Hill.

Earlier, Waqas Ur-Rehman (38) and Ullah (31) had guided Westcott to 151 all out, despite 4-26 from Billy Webb and 3-27 from Cameron King.

Webb then hit 37 in Wootton’s reply, but they were restricted to 93-9.

Middleton Cheney saw off hosts Cairns Fudge by 58 runs after setting 139-8.

Greg Pearson was the star, taking 4-9 with the ball as Fudge were shot out for 81 in reply.

Josh Bishop hit a fine 79 and Tom Davies 52 as Witney Swifts 2nd booked their place in the Telegraph Cup final with one Group 1 match to spare, posting their sixth successive win.

Risinghurst, who were second and needed a win to keep up the pressure, posted 193-8 as Lokeshwar Bandhu struck 56 not out.

But Bishop and Davies shone in Swifts’ reply as they reached 196-7 to secure victory and top spot.

Rob Glenny’s 5-20 helped Wolvercote 2nd to a 71-run win at Broughton & North Newington.

Chris Potter had earlier hit 69 not out in Wolvercote’s 151-6, before Glenny’s haul helped to dismiss Broughton for just 80.

Kidlington posted a comfortable 126-run win at Freeland.

Edd Willmot (83no) and Andy Oliver (57) helped Kidlington to 181-7, before three wickets apiece for Kamran Ramzan, Josh Behal and Jacob Oliver sent Freeland tumbling to 55 all out.

Group 2 is still to be decided after the top two both won.

Dorchester eased to a 101-run victory at home to Oxenford 2nd.

Batting first after being put in by Oxenford, Dorchester were bowled out for 160, Conor Graney top-scoring with 51.

Richard Sharman then took 3-5 for the home side as Oxenford were dismissed for 59.

Tetsworth 2nd brushed aside hosts Steventon by nine wickets to stay top.

Three wickets each for Sunil Gil and Ryan Moseley helped to bowl Steventon out for 90, then Evans Willie hit 30 not out to lead Tetsworth home at 91-1.

Elsewhere, Wantage thrashed visitors West Ilsley by 150 runs after posting 231-7 before bowling Ilsley out for just 81, while Sunningwell collected their first victory, seeing off visitors Marcham by 49 runs, thanks largely to Nigel Lovell’s 5-17 and Martin Waugh’s 50 not out.

East & West Hendred 2nd returned to winning ways to stay top of the Steve Dixon Cup group.

Ian Phillips was the star of the show, top-scoring with 71 in Hendred’s 137-8, before taking 5-26 with the ball as Risinghurst were bowled out for 105 in their reply.

Letcombe stayed in second place after a four-wicket win at Chesterton.

The hosts set 143-5 as Pete Talbot hit 56 not out.

Richard Green then struck 78 not out in Letcombe’s reply as they reached 144-6 to secure victory.

Watlington 2nd beat visitors Kidlington 2nd by 42 runs, while Hook Norton 2nd saw off Uffington by six wickets.

In the Osberton Radiators Cup, Chipping Norton 2nd stayed in touch with the leaders Stonesfield 2nd as they eased past Kidlington 3rd by 101 runs.

Nathan Wallington top-scored with 44 in Chippy’s 181-6, before Rik Yapp took 3-14 in eight tidy overs as Kidlington fell for just 80.

Harwell International stayed in third spot after a six-wicket win over Dorchester 2nd.

Visitors Dorchester posted 140-9 as Mike Ottrey top-scored with 36.

Nitin Tandon then hit 59 not out to lead Harwell to victory at 141-4.

Sunny Singh shone with bat and ball as Fringford beat Sunningwell 2nd by three wickets.

Singh took 3-16 in Sunningwell’s 114-8 before scoring 51 with the bat as Fringford edged home at 115-7 in the 36th over.