DERICK Osei scored two goals in three minutes as Oxford United ’s pre-season games concluded with a 2-2 draw at Brentford.

The Frenchman capitalised on some poor defending in the closing stages to see the visitors come from 2-0 down.

Sergi Canos had the honour of scoring the first goal at the Bees’ new stadium on 55 minutes, making amends after seeing his penalty saved by Simon Eastwood.

United’s No 1 had been kept busy in the first half to keep the game scoreless.

Canos scored again 18 minutes from time, but the visitors had the final word.

United saw plenty of the ball in the opening stages, but had little to show for it.

Brentford came on strongly after the quarter-hour mark, starting with a free-kick from Mathias Jensen which was turned behind at full stretch by Eastwood.

The goalkeeper needed to be alert on 20 minutes to deny new signing Ivan Toney’s header after good work from Tariqe Fosu.

United scrambled the ball clear, but within seconds Dominic Thompson struck the crossbar from the edge of the box.

Eastwood’s third good save of the half was against former teammate Shandon Baptiste ten minutes before the break.

On the day United sold Rob Dickie, Rob Atkinson impressed defensively and he showed his ability to bring the ball forward late in the half to set up Dan Agyei, who fired over.

Brentford pushed hard after the break and six minutes into the second half Canos was brought down in the box by Sam Long.

The Spanish forward took the spot kick himself, but Eastwood kept it out diving to his right.

Fosu then netted but the referee cut the celebrations short by blowing for a foul in the build-up.

The Bees’ wait for a first goal at their new home was ended on 55 minutes, when Canos slotted home after a strong burst forward and clever pass from Baptiste.

United went on to have a good spell, winning several set pieces around Brentford’s box.

But Brentford had the cutting edge, Canos again on target on 72 minutes with a fierce low finish from just inside the box.

Out of nowhere, the visitors launched a fightback.

Osei fired in a loose ball after Mark Sykes’s cross was not cleared to get United on the board seven minutes from time.

With virtually the next attack the substitute pounced on some ponderous defending to slide the ball into the net.

Atkinson almost nicked it in stoppage time when his header clipped the crossbar from a Cameron Brannagan corner.

United start their competitive games on Saturday, when AFC Wimbledon visit in the Carabao Cup.

Oxford Utd: Eastwood (Stevens 77), Long, Mousinho, Atkinson, Ruffels (Clare 56), Kelly (Gorrin 73), Sykes (Napa 87), Henry (Brannagan HT), Hall (Taylor 56), Agyei (Osei 73), Forde (McGuane HT).

Subs: Asonganyi.