TWO people at Oxford United have tested positive for coronavirus.

Yesterday's round of tests returned two positive results and the individuals, whose identities are unconfirmed, will be asked to self-isolate off site for ten days as a precaution.

United confirmed that neither person had shown symptoms of the virus and that they had taken measures to maintain 'the highest levels of safety and hygiene'.

Read also: Oxford United announced dates for play-off semi-finals

The club's medical team will be in daily contact with those who are self-isolating, while all players will continue to complete medical questionnaires and temperature checks.

People who are self-isolating are allowed to exercise independently within government guidelines.

United have told the EFL and the appropriate medical channels, with boss Karl Robinson stressing the importance of following the correct procedure. 

Read also: Oxford United season ticket holders can now decide how to use refund

He told the club's official website: “I am sure the fans will appreciate the honesty from us over this but I hope in some way we can turn a negative into a positive.

"We have said all along that we have to take the rough with the smooth but you can be anyone, anywhere and catch this terrible virus.

"We want fans to read this and just stick to all the available guidelines and advice because it can honestly happen to anyone.

“Thankfully they don’t have symptoms and as soon as we heard we went through all the data available from training - we can see who was where and whether there was any contact.

"We have supplied that data to our opponents, and the league, ahead of a friendly tomorrow and that should go ahead still.

"We have thoroughly reviewed everything we have been doing this week and are satisfied that everything has been done with player and staff welfare as a priority.

“We have learned to be flexible and we will adapt once again but the message to all the fans is to respect the guidelines that we are all living by right now, and most importantly, stay safe.”

Thursday was the third round of testing at United, with no positive results on the previous two occasions.