NICK Selway’s late try earned Chinnor a thrilling 24-21 victory over fellow high-fliers Rosslyn Park in a thrilling fixture.

Trailing 21-19 with two minutes to go, the hooker crashed over from a driving line-out as the home side dug deep to claim a valuable win.

The result leaves the Thame-based side just two points behind second-placed Park in National League 1, while Richmond moved ten points clear after beating Canterbury.

The hosts chose to play with the wind at their backs in the first half and headed into the break with a 19-7 lead.

Chinnor went 3-0 up through Laurence May’s fourth-minute penalty, but they immediately conceded a try when Arthur Ellis charged down a kick to cross under the posts, Gregory Lound converting.

Another penalty from the fly-half reduced the deficit to a point, before Joe Rees’s unconverted try made it 11-7 after 29 minutes.

May kicked his third penalty to stretch Chinnor’s advantage to seven points and they crossed again on the stroke of half-time when Jason Worrall dived over in the corner.

Park went on to score twice in the first ten minutes of the half through Ryan Roach and Josh Amadi, Lound converting both, to go 21-19 in front.

Chinnor’s response was impressive, though, and, it went down to the wire.

With Park’s Stewart Maguire and Daniel Laventure in the sin-bin late on, the hosts took their opportunity as Selway drove over to secure a crucial four points.

Henley Hawks slipped off the top of National League 2 South with a frustrating 20-10 defeat at Clifton.

The hosts touched down early on to take the lead, before they broke through again for an unconverted try, despite Ewan Fenley’s tackle briefly stalling the attack.

A more attritional battle ensued, with Henley’s efforts thwarted by an organised opposition defence.

The visitors finally made the breakthrough in stunning fashion, Tom Emery twice touching down after a driving maul to cut the gap to 12-10.

The second try came just before the break, but Clifton were able to regroup and spent several minutes camped inside the Henley half after the restart.

They finally got their reward in the 55th minute, kicking a straightforward penalty to extend their advantage to five points.

Henley struggled to mount a comeback and another try put the hosts in the clear with ten minutes left.

Despite a sin-bin for Clifton’s scrum half and some late Henley pressure, the home side saw out the victory.