BANBURY United slipped out of the BetVictor Southern League Premier Central play-off places with a 2-2 draw at Nuneaton Borough.

Ravi Shamsi’s ice-cool lob put the Puritans ahead in the 16th minute, before the same player was thwarted went sent through one-on-one moments later.

Pablo Haysham forced an excellent save from the home goalkeeper on the stroke of half-time, but Nuneaton hit back to equalise midway through the half.

The hosts hit the post as they searched for a winner, but moments later Shamsi put his side back in front when he finished clinically.

Once again Mike Ford’s men could not keep their lead, with Jack Harding beaten by a penalty.

But Harding made amends, producing a fantastic save in the closing stages to ensure Banbury left Warwickshire with a point.

In Division 1 Central, Thame United beat Bedford Town 3-0 in a game that saw goalkeeper Craig Hill forced off with concussion.

Hill stayed on the pitch for 15 minutes after he was fouled at a corner in the second half, before eventually making way.

It came after Mark West’s men produced a scintillating first-half performance, which was set in motion by Ryan Blake’s 16th-minute header.

They were almost pegged back in comical circumstances midway through the half, but Hill just about kept out a clearance that had cannoned off a Thame player.

Bedford looked destined to reach the break only 1-0 down, but Greg Hackett and Tom Ashworth scored in quick succession at the end of the half.

Wantage Town were thumped 5-1 at home by promotion-chasing Welwyn Garden City.

The visitors took just eight minutes to take the lead, but Trevor Mutero levelled for Wantage five minutes later.

Yet by the 20th minute the home side were 3-1 down, thanks to a wind-assisted strike and an effort from a corner.

Welwyn scored their fourth in the 36th minute, before completing the scoring shortly after the hour mark.

Elsewhere, Didcot Town’s vital 1-0 win over fellow strugglers Kempston Rovers was a tale of two penalties.

George Reid put the hosts ahead from the spot on 18 minutes after Seth Humphries was fouled.

Midway through the second half the visitors had the chance to level the scores from 12 yards, but Leigh Bedwell saved from Izale McLeod.

A nightmare first half left North Leigh with too much to do in their 3-2 defeat at second-placed Berkhamsted.

The Millers went 2-0 down in the first 16 minutes, before conceding a further goal shortly before the break.

Callum McNish’s long-range strike early in the second half gave North Leigh hope, before Adam Learoyd headed home in the 62nd minute.

But the visitors were unable to snatch a point.

Kidlington’s game at Daventry Town was washed out.