THAME United won 2-0 at BetVictor Southern League Division 1 Central leaders Corby Town in an extraordinary match.

The table-toppers were awarded a fourth-minute penalty, but Ryan Robbins saw his effort saved by Thame keeper Craig Hill.

The visitors then went ahead in the 24th minute, Dan West slotting home.

A minute before half-time, Thame doubled their lead through Greg Hackett.

However, before the interval, Corby were awarded a second penalty. But Hill was again the hero, keeping out Jordon Crawford’s effort.

With 30 minutes to go, Ben Sturgess picked up a second yellow card to leave Thame with ten men.

But they held on to secure a sensational victory.

Visitors Didcot Town edged out local rivals Wantage Town 2-1 in a tense derby.

The hosts had the better of the opening stages and forced goalkeeper Leigh Bedwell into one fine save.

But it was Didcot went ahead when a George Reid free-kick was blocked only as far as Cameron McNeill who drilled home.

However, a minute before the break Wantage levelled, with only their fifth goal of the campaign.

Bedwell saved a free-kick, but the rebound was scrambled in by Sydney Ibie.

Luke Carnell headed home from a corner 11 minutes after half-time to put Didcot back in front.

Ollie Thomas had a chance to make it 3-1, but saw his 61st-minute penalty saved by Renell McKenzie-Lyle.

Didcot were reduced to ten men five minutes from time when George Gilmore picked up a second yellow card, but they held on.

Kidlington beat North Leigh 3-0 in another derby.

The home side went ahead inside the opening minute through Anaclet Odhiambo.

The Kidlington striker doubled his tally on 24 minutes after Declan Benjamin’s shot was parried into his path.

Both sides had further chances, but the game was settled six minutes from time when Leam Howards was brought down by North Leigh goalkeeper Freddie Lapworth, before picking himself up to slot home from 12 yards.

  • BANBURY United missed the chance to close in on Premier Central leaders Tamworth, losing their top-of-the-table clash 1-0.

It looked as though the game would finish all-square at 0-0, only for Chris Lait to score three minutes from time to sink Mike Ford’s side.