JAANAI Gordon’s injury-time goal moved Banbury United level on points with Coalville Town at the top of the BetVictor Southern League Premier Division Central table.

Mike Ford’s side showed great fighting spirit to beat Biggleswade Town 3-2, after they trailed early on and were pegged back with just six minutes to go.

Girgio Milenge gave the visitors a 14th-minute lead, but Gordon equalised towards the end of the first half from the penalty spot.

Giorgio Rasulo then put the home side ahead on the hour mark with a superb free-kick, only for Biggleswade to seemingly have grabbed a point with a Drew Richardson leveller six minutes from time.

But a far-post header a minute into stoppage time from Gordon sealed Banbury’s win.

Although they have played more games than those teams immediately around them, only goal difference is preventing Mike Ford’s side from topping the table.

Thame United produced a superb display to beat St Neots Town 6-0 in Division 1 Central.

After a goalless opening half-hour, Dan West fired the hosts ahead.

Tom Ashworth doubled the advantage two minutes before the break.

And Thame then ran riot after the break with a dominant display.

Ryan Blake made it 3-0, Jamie Essex hit No 4 before further goals from Greg Hackett and Marcus Mealing wrapped up a one-sided victory for Mark West’s side.

Kidlington picked up a much-needed win with a 3-2 triumph over Yaxley.

The home side trailed early in the second half but hit back for a vital three points.

Lewis Coyle put Kidlington ahead on 16 minutes, but Thomas Waumsley levelled and Daniel Cotton’s goal ten minutes into the second half put Yaxley ahead.

However, Leam Howards equalised on 64 minutes and then Declan Benjamin scored what turned out to be the winner 15 minutes from time.

North Leigh proved no match for leaders Corby, falling to a 3-0 home defeat.

Jordon Crawford put the visitors ahead on 17 minutes, before Stephen Diggin doubled the lead five minutes before half-time.

Diggin scored his second of the game from the penalty spot three minutes into the second half.

Didcot Town went down 2-1 at Bedworth United.

Reece Blackmore put the home side ahead on eight minutes following a slick passing move.

But Didcot needed just 90 seconds to draw level, George Reid curling a superb effort into the net.

However, although Bedworth had more of the ball, it looked as though the Railwaymen would do enough to grab a point.

But with seven minutes to go Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls fired home to give the hosts victory.

Wantage Town’s dismal season shows no sign of improving after they lost 6-0 at Bedford Town.

They have now conceded 49 goals in ten league matches, scoring just twice, with their last goal coming on August 26.

Wantage held out until the 39th minute against Bedford, Thomas Hitchcock eventually firing the hosts in front.

The same player doubled the lead on 58 minutes, before Nathan Olukanmi made it 3-0.

Daniel Walker, Brett Longden and Andrew Phillips added further strikes to inflict more misery on Wantage, whose next game is a crunch home clash against fellow strugglers Biggleswade Town on November 2.