OXFORD Harlequins were edged out 22-18 by Sherborne as they lost a second consecutive home game in South West 1 East.

The hosts had opportunities to win a tight affair, but a late try for the visitors proved decisive.

It means Quins are yet to get off the mark at Horspath Sports Ground this season, despite boasting a 100 per cent record on the road.

Full back Ed Yeates put the hosts ahead early on when he found a gap to scamper through for a try, Antonio Turetta converting.

But Sherborne dragged themselves back into the game, with two penalties cutting Quins’ lead to a point at half-time.

The two sides traded penalties in the second period, Turetta slotting over twice, but the visitors’ three successful kicks saw them go 15-13 up.

Quins were rewarded for a sustained spell of pressure when Freddie Myatt went over, but Turetta missed the conversion to leave them just three points ahead.

The visitors desperately searched for a response and had the final say when they touched down under the posts, the successful conversion giving them a four-point lead.

Quins were denied at the last when a breakaway was halted by the referee blowing for a forward pass, leaving the hosts with just a losing bonus point as consolation.

Banbury Bulls made it five wins from five with a hard-fought 17-13 victory at Marlborough.

After a cagey opening 20 minutes, Ben George produced a moment of magic for the visitors when he dummied before diving over from close range, Duncan Leese converting.

It proved the only score of the first half, but two quick Marlborough penalties early in the second half hauled them to within a point of the Oxfordshire side.

Bulls were back in control when winger Dan Brady showed quick feet to touch down in the corner after winning a five-metre scrum for the Oxfordshire side.

Leese missed the conversion, but another solo effort from Brady stretched the lead to 17-6.

Bulls were reduced to 14 men when Felix Marot was yellow carded and Marlborough took advantage through a converted try.

But the visiting defence held firm to end the day second behind Royal Wootton Bassett.