BANBURY ran in eight tries to beat Salisbury 46-21 at home.

Ian Isham crashed over early on for the hosts in the South West 1 East fixture, but the visitors took a 7-5 lead when Daniel Luedicke converted his own try.

Nick Pratt crossed to put Banbury back in front, before Salisbury replied to make it 14-10, thanks to Joe Tully’s try, Luedicke adding the extras.

But Bulls headed into the break a point ahead when centre Jack Briggs scored.

Banbury then raced into a 39-14 lead, when Jacob Mills, Tommy Gray (see video), Isham and Ed Berridge went over, Ed Phillips converting twice.

Richard Smart crossed for the visitors, Luedicke adding the extras.

But Bulls were not finished and winger Jack Briggs went over, Phillips converting, to seal a commanding win.

Oxford Mail:

  • Joe Winpenny celebrates Ed Berridge's try during Banbury's victory over Salisbury Picture: Simon Grieve

Witney lost 53-10 at home to leaders Newbury Blues.

The hosts trailed 10-0 at half-time, when Dan Thorne converted his own try and kicked a penalty.

Harvey North touched down to make it 15-0, before Witney replied through Rhys Morgan.

Josh Winfield’s try, converted by Thorne, saw Blues go 22-5 in front.

Andy Melbourne reduced the arrears to 12 points.

But tries from North, Max Hayman, Tom Erskine, Winfield and Toby Pearce, Thorne adding three conversions, saw Newbury race to victory.

Oxford Mail:

  • Witney lock Scott Mortimer bids to avoid this tackle Picture: Ric Mellis

Oxford Harlequins lost 29-24 at Chippenham.

James Stacey converted his own try, but the hosts hit back through Connor Beer, Al Mackenzie adding the extras.

Taniela Hakalo’s try, converted by Stacey, put Quins back in front, before their advantage was cut to 14-12 at the break when Sean Johnson crossed.

Beer and Ben Hathaway went over for Chippenham, Mackenzie converting the second, to make it 24-14.

James Stacey kicked a penalty and converted Toni Turetta’s try to level at 24-24.

Nat Parker was red carded for Chippenham, but they were left celebrating when Charlie Quarren-Evans went over in the last play.