A DEVASTATING six-wicket spell from Lawrence Brock secured Oxfordshire 2nd a convincing 103-run victory over Herefordshire in a friendly at Brockhampton.

The Great & Little Tew seamer swept away the top order, claiming 6-38 from ten overs. They recovered from 43-6 to reach 166.

Oxfordshire had posted 269-8 from 50 overs.

Openers Owyn Tong-Jones (63) and Tom Condon (49) set a great platform before No 3 Charlie Miller scored 57.

Oxfordshire Under 17s began the defence of the ECB Cup with a 41-run victory over Herefordshire at Oxford Downs.

Skipper George Tait scored 69 from 109 balls as Oxon recovered from 60-5 to 181-8.

Sam Powell (2-23) and Tom Powell (2-24) were the pick of the Oxon bowlers as they dismissed the visitors for 139 in the 40th over.

Meanwhile, a super innings from Alex Ferreira could not stop Oxon losing to Herefordshire in their ECB Under 17 Championship clash at Oxford Downs.

Ferreira scored 91 from 113 balls with one six and 13 fours as Oxon were bowled out for 180 in 60 overs.

The visitors scrambled to 185-8 in 55 overs despite a spell of 3-1 from Toby Winn.

Oxfordshire Under 14 lost to Hertfordshire by three runs in an exciting friendly at Oxford Downs.

Herts made 191-9 from their 45 overs, Oxon’s best bowlers being Zach Lion-Cachet (3-25) and James Coles (3-30).

Will Hammersley (41) and Coles (30) kept Oxon in the hunt, but with four runs needed for victory off the final, their last man was bowled to leave them on 188.

Oxfordshire Under 11s eased to a six-wicket victory over London Schools at Culham Court.

London were limited to 136-8 from their 40 overs, Jake Mackay returning 2-4 from four overs.

Oxon slipped to 33-2 before Ted Phillips (52) and Jackson Andreae (42no) saw them home.

There was a one-run defeat for Oxfordshire Under 10s in their friendly against Sussex at Watlington.

The visitors were bowled out 159, Jack Veal claiming 3-12 from 5.4 overs.

An opening stand of 82 between Julian Laird (64) and Henry Welch appeared to put Oxon in charge.

But after a cluster of wickets they ended on 158 after Alfie Smethurst was run out off the final ball.