Banbury United exacted revenge on Tiverton for their Errea Cup semi-final def- eat just five days earlier with a 4-3 victory in a pulsating Premier Division enc- ounter at Spencer Stadium on Saturday.

The home side went close to opening the scoring when George Redknap headed just past a post, with Wayne Blossom inches from getting a touch.

United took the lead in the 42nd minute when Redknap's header from Jon Gardner's corner was turned in from close range by Howard Forinton.

Straight from the re-start, Jamie Mudge went close for Tiverton when his defected shot was brilliantly palmed away by Alan Judge.

Banbury kept up the pressure after the break, and added to their lead in the 53rd minute.

Tiverton captain Nathan Rudge mishit his clearance to Baird, who played the ball out to Forinton on the right.

Forinton's low driven cross was met by Stuart Bridges, just outside the penalty area and when he played the ball forward to Ollie Stanbridge, he turned and stroked it home from ten yards.

Four minutes later, Banbury made it 3-0 when Baird surged forward to latch on to a through ball and Tiverton goalkeeper Danny Barker brought him down just inside the penalty area.

Gardner fired home the stepped up to hit a fierce spot-kick into the corner of the net for his 19th goal of the season.

Tiverton pulled one back in the 65th minute when a mis-hit shot from Chris Bale, which was going well wide, was deflected into his own net by Wayne Blossom, completely wrong-footing Judge in the Banbury goal.

But Banbury restored their three-goal advantage in the 73rd minute, Bridges chipping the ball into the middle from the corner of the penalty area for Baird to head over Barker and into the top corner for a very well taken goal.

Tiverton reduced the deficit two minutes later when Scott Laird was adjudged to have been fouled by Blossom, and Mudge drove home the penalty kick to reduce the deficit to two goals.

With Tiverton pushing forward, Kevin Brock brought on Jody McKay up front, enabling him to push Baird back to bolster the defence, but this did not prevent The visitors scored again in the 82nd minute when Carl Cliff Brown tapped the ball home from close range, signalling a nail-biting finale for United, but they held on.

Banbury Utd: Judge, Bridges, Kinch, Sullivan, Blossom, Pond, Stanbridge, Redknap, Forinton, Baird, Gardner (McKay 80). Subs not used: Jackson, Szczukiewicz, Nicholls, Foley.

Attendance: 362.