JORDAN Graham scored twice but Oxford United had to survive a late scare on the way to knocking rivals Swindon Town out of the FA Youth Cup at the Kassam Stadium.

The striker scored either side of an AJ George penalty to give United a 3-0 lead at half-time.

They appeared to be cruising to a third round meeting with Manchester City, but Swindon staged a late rally.

Callum McCormack and Tommy Ouldridge struck within two minutes late on to set up a tense climax, but United hung on to go through.

Both sides showed signs of nerves early on, but the hosts carried far more of a threat going forward once the game settled down.

They opened the scoring with an end-to-end move in the 14th minute, which began with a Swindon corner.

The ball was cleared to Seth Humphries, who was tackled on the halfway line, where Freddie Grant pounced and surged forward.

Swindon's defence was wide open and the full back picked out Graham, who held off a challenge to sweep home from 12 yards.

The visitors struggled to cope with United's attacking players in full flow and a superb exchange of passes laid on the second goal in the 20th minute.

Conte and Graham were involved to set up George, who sliced through the Town defence.

A spectacular goal looked on the cards, but the striker was hauled down just as he was about to pull the trigger.

Ryan Wood was booked for the foul, while George coolly slotted home the spot kick.

Swindon went on to be the better side for the next 20 minutes.

They were neat in possession, but struggled to prise apart a well-organised United defence.

The closest Town came in the spell was through Lee Marshall, whose corner struck the near post and bounced clear.

United looked like they could do with getting to half-time and regrouping, but landed another blow in stoppage time.

Muctaru Conte turned his marker inside and out on the left before whipping in a perfect cross which gave Graham a simple task of heading in.

Swindon continued to probe patiently after the restart, forcing Stevens into a couple of decent saves.

At the other end, Josh Morgan-Williams should have extended the lead when goalkeeper Aaron Moody went AWOL, but the substitute blazed wide with only a defender to beat.

Swindon's best chance of the night came 20 minutes from time.

Will Randall must have thought he had scored from ten yards, only to see Miles Welch-Hayes make a brilliant block on the line.

The visitors did get on the board, seven minutes from time, when McCormack turned in at the back post.

And United's nerves were jangling two minutes later, when Ouldridge slammed in to make it 3-2.

Oxford Utd: Stevens, Welch-Hayes, Cundy, A Grant, F Grant, Jeacock (Morgan-Williams ht), Hayden, Humphries, Conte, George, Graham (Hastings 64).

Unused subs: Whittington, McCormack, Cook.

Swindon Tn: Moody, Wood, Smith, Matthews, English (Young 75), Marshall, McCormack, Evans (Ouldridge 56), Randall, Gied, Cook.

Unused subs: Da Costa, Marks, Evans.

Referee: Andrew Tonks.

Attendance: 727.