Replacement Ollie Stedman scored two tries as London Welsh made it back-to-back bonus point wins with a comfortable 42-18 victory over Moseley in their Greene King IPA Championship match at Old Deer Park yesterday.

In front of their largest home crowd of the season – bigger than any at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium – Exiles started as brightly as the glorious sunshine as Nathan Morris touched down inside the opening minute after Oliver Thomas’s kick was charged down. Alex Davies converted.

Thomas and Davies traded penalties, before Davies added another to stretch Welsh’s lead to 13-3.

With Welsh now firmly in control , right wing Joe Ajuwa profited from a nice interchange finish off in the corner.

Thomas slotted over his second penalty before Davies’s third successful kick made it 21-6 at half-time.

The Exiles needed just four minutes to put the result beyond doubt, as Stedman broke the Moseley defensive line 35 metres out and had the determination to fend off all comers to force his way over.

Within three minutes, Moseley were celebrating a try, winger Matthew Williams showing his raw speed to go over in the corner. Thomas added an excellent touchline conversion.

Welsh soon responded with a second try from Stedman following a catch and drive at a line-out.

Again though Moseley replied and again it came through the pacy Williams.

After four tries in a crazy nine-minute spell nine, a calm descended upon Old Deer Park.

Tom May came close for Welsh, as both sides rang the changes, but otherwise spectators had to wait a further 20 minutes for the game’s seventh and final try.

It came from Scott – his fifth Championship touchdown of the season – after the path to the Moseley tryline just opened up for the Welsh winger.

London Welsh: Watkins, Ajuwa (blood – 55), May (capt) (Ajuwa 65 – blood return), Tincknell, Scott, L’Estrange, Davies (Lewis 56), Trevett (Hepburn 56), Morris (Vella h-t), Edwards (Ryan 50), Nimmo, P Browne, Lees (Stedman 31), Kirwan (Quill 60), D Browne.
Moseley: Carter, Hunt, Armstrong (Penn74), Owen, Williams, Thomas (Ryan 61), Brown (Glynn 50), Voisey (Perkins 73), W Evans (Lee 69), B Evans, Charlton (Burrows 50), Powell (capt), Mason (Carpenter – blood 55-61), Robinson (Carpenter 75), Brightwell.
Referee: D Richards (RFU).
Attendance: 2,006.