SEB Stegmann crossed twice as London Welsh made it nine wins from nine to further strengthen their position at the top of the Greene King IPA Championship table.

Justin Burnell’s side have shown a liking for the challenge on their travels so far this season, and there were shades of recent wins over Leeds and Rotherham in Saturday’s victory at Moseley.

Caolan Ryan gave the hosts the lead with a penalty, but the Exiles soaked up early pressure and took their chances – Stegmann and Carl Kirwan going over within a five-minute spell.

The home side capitalised on the sinbinning of Ian Nimmo for hooker Rhys Buckley to touch down, but Stegmann’s superb second-half effort settled matters.

Welsh braced themselves for an early onslaught from a Moseley side high on confidence.

But while there was plenty of attacking intent from the home side, with William Owen and the speedy Matthew Williams both showing flashes, the Welsh defence was largely untroubled.

Ryan’s opening attempt at the posts slipped just wide, but the fly half made amends five minutes later when Tom May was penalised at the breakdown.

Going behind seemed to spark Welsh into life, however.

But a Moseley knock on gave Welsh a five-metre scrum, and the Exiles were clinical.

Nick Scott and Ben Pienaar took it up, sucking in defenders, as the away side went across the width of the pitch, before Stegmann forced his way over in the opposite corner from close range. Davies added the conversion.

Five minutes later, Welsh were in again. Davies pushed a penalty – earned by his pack at a scrum – into the corner.

From the lineout, the away side again used the full width of the park, with Scott keeping the attack alive before being bundled into touch. Sonny Parker set up the ruck and Kirwan bulldozed over the line. Davies converted.

A lovely break and offload by Seb Jewell to find Stegmann nearly had Welsh in for a third try, as Nathan Trevett rumbled up to the tryline, but instead it was Moseley who struck.

The home side might have scored out wide. However, advantage was being played with referee Darren Gamage going back to brandish a yellow card at Nimmo.

The home side took immediate advantage as Buckley was driven over from the lineout and Ryan added the extras to see the home side go in to the break trailing 14-8.

But the Exiles killed the game off when they worked the ball wide to Stegmann and although there looked to be nothing on, the winger cut inside and outside several Moseley tacklers before stretching to score.

Davies converted and then added a penalty.