A NEW MG exhibition featuring donations from lead designer Don Hayter has opened at Abingdon County Hall Museum.

The car giant, which is ingrained in the town’s heritage, opened in 1929 and remained in Abingdon until its closure in 1980. The display celebrates the importance and practise of good design in making cars, and how MG made innovative steps forward in the industry.

It follows the release of a book last month by local author Bob Frampton called ‘Echoes from the Shopfloor’, which has collected memories from MG workers. The free exhibition can be viewed until June 24.