A LANDLORD last night told of his disbelief after two women were found dead at the house he rented them in Thame.

The women, one in her 50s and another in her 20s were thought to have been stabbed to death.

Last night, one of the victims was named as grandmother Julie Sahin, while the other woman was believed to be her daughter.

Landlord Mark Field, 48, who does not live at the property in Ireton Court, said he had come to offer help in the investigation.

He told the Oxford Mail how he saw blood outside the three-bedroom home.

He added: “I got the phone call this morning; I was in disbelief.”

Police arrested a 21-year-old man in the town’s High Street shortly after the incident in the early hours of yesterday morning.

He was last night being questioned by police on suspicion of murder. Detectives said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.

Mr Field said a family-of-six of Turkish origin lived at the two-storey home. Two were very young children.

It is thought that Julie Sahin’s daughter had recently been married.

A third woman, who was injured in the incident, was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital for treatment, but her condition is not thought to be life-threatening.

Police said last night the three women and the man in custody all knew each other.

Officers were called to the terraced house at about 2.20am by a member of the public and found the two women dead at the scene.

Shelly Witheridge, 29, who was staying in a house next door, said: “It is unbelievable as it is normally quite peaceful around here.

“It is not a nice thing, especially because it’s a family area.”

Ireton Court resident Leigh Witney said: “It is a really quiet little street. Nothing happens around here. This is shocking.”

Meanwhile, a mum-of-two who lives in the street, and asked not to be named, said: “It is a bit scary and worrying. But we do not know why, when, and how this has happened.”

Another neighbour, who also asked not to be named, said: “I am shocked, especially as there are a lot of children living around here.”

Senior investigating officer Det Chief Insp Joe Kidman said: “We are in the early stages of our investigation. We have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.

“At this time it appears that all parties are known to each other and we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this case. We are working hard to establish the full circumstances of this incident and what led to the tragic deaths of these two women.”