Berks Bucks & Oxon League: A remarkable second-half performance saw Wallingford run out comfortable 48-12 winners away to Thatcham.

Playing into the strong wind in the first half, the visitors took an early lead through top try-scorer Henry Venners.

Bottom club Thatcham belied their position by taking a 12-5 lead, before Wallingford cut the deficit to only two points just before half-time with a try by Don Jenkins.

However, in the second half there was only one side in it as Wallingford ran in six more tries.

Venners scored two spectacular solo efforts to complete a hat-trick, and others came from Johnny Collett, Gavin Hull, Lee Lewis and Chris Jenkins. Four of them were converted, two each by Olli Henderson and Lee Lewis.

Chipping Norton went down 22-12 at unbeaten leaders Beaconsfield, who took advantage of some wayward kicks to build up a 17-0 half-time lead.

In the second half, Chippy decided to run the ball rather then kick into the wind.

The tactics paid dividends as they scored tries through Jon Hickman and Paul Nolan, Adam Smith converting the first.

Beaconsfield's only second-half score came while Chippy were down to 14 men, after a yellow card.

Oxford suffered their third defeat of the season at the hands of Bletchley, who won 20-5 at the Southern Bypass ground.

The home side took the lead in the first five minutes when flanker Andy MacDonald dived over the line following a 20-yard driving maul.

Bletchley replied with a breakaway try following an interception, and added a conversion and penalty to lead 10-5 at half-time.

In the second half, Bletchley added another converted try and completed the scoring with a penalty.

Twice Oxford reached the visitors' goal-line, only to waste each opportunity - once when the ball was lost in a driving scrum and then when No 8 Mark Viner was held up over the line.

Despite missing several key players because of injuries, Gosford All Blacks won a dour struggle 10-0 at home to Berkshire Shire Hall in Division 2.

After a scoreless first half, Gosford fly half David Hipkiss cleverly kicked Gosford into attacking positions.

However, the visitors held out until the last ten minutes, when Gosford winger Gary Holton landed an easy penalty and then converted flanker Kris Wadley's try from a maul.

Littlemore produced their biggest league win of the season to beat bottom club Winslow 37-0 at Peers School.

Playing against the strong wind in the first half, Littlermore led 10-0 through tries from No 8 Darren Lymer and centre Dean Andrews.

With the elements in their favour in the second half, Littlemore began to give the ball more width and were rewarded for their adventurous style with five more tries from wing Matt Wescott (2), fly half Mike Jones, flanker Darren Massey and full back Lee Gillett, who managed one conversion.