A man has pleaded guilty after a string of burglaries saw hair salons, a cocktail bar and an ice cream parlour targeted.
Ethan Jenkins, 28 and of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to 10 offences at Oxford Magistrates' Court, including four counts of theft from a shop and four counts of burglary other than a dwelling with intent to steal.
In addition, he accepted one count of burglary other than dwelling with theft and one count of burglary of a dwelling within intent to steal.
READ MORE: Oxford cocktail bar 'will return' after company liquidation
The burglaries occurred earlier this summer on June 10, with Jenkins being arrested on June 19 and remanded into custody on June 20.
Many of the burglaries happened on Little Clarendon Street with George & Davis Ice Cream, hair salons Mahogany and Blushes and cocktail bar the Duke of Cambridge all victims.
CCTV image of Ethan Jenkins inside The Duke of Cambridge (Image: Contributed)
In addition, Jenkins also pled guilty for the burglary of Walters of Oxford clothing shop.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to be sentenced on Friday, August 28.
Although, the majority of these shops have reopened, the Duke of Cambridge has remained closed to the public as owner Julian Rosser considers next steps.
Little Clarendon Street (Image: Newsquest)
He shared CCTV photos of Jenkins inside the bar and said that they were using it as an opportunity to "reinvent" the business.
"Trading in Oxford is very difficult right now," the 62-year-old said, who added that students from the university weren't visiting as much as they used to.
CCTV image of Ethan Jenkins inside The Duke of Cambridge (Image: Contributed)
In addition, he said the local business climate was challenging, helped by neither local crime nor the Botley Road closure, which has lasted several years and is set to end in September.
He said: "It always used to be very very busy but turnover has taken a hit. We need to think about how we are going to reinvent the Duke.
"We stopped doing food in 2002, but it might be time to bring food back."
Julian Rosser
As such, The Duke of Cambridge will remain closed until students - including from Somerville College which is a neighbour to the bar - return in the autumn.
Mr Rosser, who has run the bar since 1998, added that he was also considering changes to their opening schedule as he made clear that it will be opening once again.
READ MORE: Police announce emergency powers amid Oxfordshire 'stabbing' and teen arrest
On its website, the Duke of Cambridge describes itself as "Oxford's leading cocktail bar" and says its has been open since 1981.
It adds: "Located in the bohemian district of Jericho, the bar is always bursting with atmosphere at the weekends with a more chilled vibe during the week.
"Fresh ingredients, cool interiors and friendly staff give The Duke genuine character and style."
Share