Two late goals saw Thame United secure a crucial point in their fight for survival as they drew 3-3 with Dunstable in Division one of the Pitching in South League.

A late brace from Ryan Knight saw the home side fight back from 3-1 down to earn a valuable point against high-flying Dunstable, who were dealt a blow in their push to reach the play-offs.

Knight scored on the 82nd and 86th minutes to ensure United didn't go home empty handed.

The home side welcomed Dunstable to The ASM Stadium hoping for another victory after their recent triumph on Bank Holiday Monday over Aylesbury.

However, their visitors, sat in second place in the table, were coming in to the game on a strong run of form.

Thame started without Jayden Carbon and Ethan Lack due to injuries, while Louis Fountain, Ryan Knight and Pierce McNamara all came into the side.

The game started with both sides battling fierce winds but it was Dunstable who dealt the first blow as they scored early on.

A break down the right from the away side finished with the ball finding its way to the back post before it was tapped home past Thame keeper Archie Davis.

Dunstable continued to apply pressure and it was only thanks to three good saves from Davis that their lead was not extended.

On the 40-minute mark, Thame managed to level the score bizarrely with a free kick from Jefferson Louis.

He floated the ball towards the penalty area from midway inside the Dunstable half and saw it go all the way through as nobody cleared.

But the visitors managed to edge ahead minutes later with a goal from Ben Wayman which saw the first half end 2-1.

The second half saw Thame substitute the injured Jefferson Louis for 18-year-old Romero Ebona, while both sides went close on a number of occasions.

Any hopes Thame may have had looked to have gone when Weyman secured his second goal on 78 minutes.

But with less than 10 minutes to go, Knight pulled one back to give the home side renewed hope.

Four minutes later it was Knight who again found the back of the net as he got between the two centre backs and lobbed the keeper.

United nearly snatched a late winner when Harry Alexander dribbled his way into the box but saw his shot blocked.

The draw moves Thame two points clear of the bottom of the table with a game in hand on the one side below them, Kempston Rovers.