A new mum who gave birth one month ago has seen her business close and her home partly damaged after a tragic fire.

The blaze ripped through Miracle Skincare Centre beauty salon on Cowley Road on Sunday (January 21) evening.

Fire crews were called after flames could be seen in the window of the shop with the owner’s living room also damaged in the blaze.

The shop has said it will be closed “until further notice”.

A fundraiser has been set up for the owner of the salon Magdalena Jurkowska, who gave birth to a girl a month ago, her second child.

When translated, the fundraising web page says: "A fire broke out in the Miracle Skincare Centre beauty salon due to an electrical installation failure.

“Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the flames unfortunately destroyed part of the living room.

“That's why we decided to help our colleague in the industry during this very difficult time. 

To donate to the GoFundMe campaign for Magdalena use the following link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/pomoc-po-pozarze-w-salonie-miracle-oxford

“Magda, the owner of the salon, gave birth to a daughter just a month ago, who is her second child. So it's not hard to imagine how difficult a situation she found herself in.

“Every contribution, even the smallest contribution, will be a great help for Magda."

Incident commander Jason Clifford said: "Thankfully the property had working smoke alarms that alerted the flats above and allowed them to evacuate quickly.”

The fire was caused by an electrical fault.

The building was ventilated with a high-pressure fan and the road was shut for around an hour while the incident was dealt with.