Crews from two Oxfordshire fire stations tackled a house fire yesterday afternoon.

Crews from Didcot and Goring fire stations attended a fire in a property in North Moreton caused by a faulty bathroom extractor fan.

An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said on Facebook: "The owners were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms.

"Through their quick and calm actions, they closed the door to the room before evacuating, which contained the fire to the room of origin.

"The remainder of the property was unaffected after crews had extinguished the fire."

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service is reminding residents that even a small fire can produce enough toxic smoke to damage an entire house.

Crews urge residents to check that their smoke alarms are working correctly and to close any doors in the home when not in use.