Two Oxfordshire sports clubs have now called off firework events due to take place this weekend as Storm Ciaran brings in wet weather.

The Ardington & Lockinge Sports Club postponed its event due to take place on Saturday night following an inspection of the field and realisation that there would be more rain to follow tomorrow morning.

The club said in a social media post: "Unfortunately having inspected the field this morning the Committee has sadly decided that with the field already waterlogged and more rain expected tomorrow morning, to postpone our annual fireworks planned for tomorrow evening."

READ MORE: Storm Ciarán: Grove fireworks postponed after fields flood

The club added that it would keep everyone updated on Facebook once a new date was agreed.

This is not an isolated incident as another club also announced this morning that it would reluctantly be cancelling its display.

Grove Rugby Club has postponed its fireworks until Friday, November 17 due to "unprecedented wet weather" which has flooded playing fields at the club.

The club said in a social media post: "We have worked extremely hard to organise this event for the local community, and hope that although the date needs to be changed you will still come and enjoy the display on Friday, November 17."

Those who purchased their tickets for the event online with the QR code will have their tickets valid now for the new date of November 17.