FLAMES from a barbeque spread up the side of a home and garden fence in Oxfordshire yesterday afternoon (22).  

Firefighters from Chipping Norton Fire Station and Witney Fire Station arrived at the home in Charlbury just after 3pm.

It is suspected the gas cylinder from the barbeque was involved in spreading the flames.

READ MORE: Man found dead at Premier Inn

Oxford Mail:

A spokesperson from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews found a significant fire spreading from a gas BBQ up the side of a property and also onto a fence.

“The gas cylinder from the barbecue was involved, but a crew using breathing apparatus and a high presume hose reel quickly bought the fire under control.

Oxford Mail:

“Luckily this quick action from the crews stopped the fire spreading into the property and to the adjacent shed.”


Read more from this author

This story was written by Gee Harland, she joined the team in 2022 as a senior multimedia reporter.

Gee covers Wallingford and Didcot.

Get in touch with her by emailing: Gee.harland@newsquest.co.uk

Follow her on Twitter @Geeharland

A message from our Editor

Thank you for reading this story and supporting the Oxford Mail.

If you like what we do please consider getting a subscription for the Oxford Mail and in return we’ll give you unrestricted access with less adverts across our website from the latest news, investigations, features, and sport.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok for more. 

You can also join the conversation in our Facebook groups: stay ahead of traffic alerts here, keep up to date with the latest from court here, share your favourite memories of Oxford here, get your daily dose of celebrity news here and take some time out with news that will make you smile. 

If you’ve got a story for our reporters, send us your news here. You can also list an event for free here.