A woman died after choking on a piece of steak, a coroner’s court heard.

Margaret Atack, 77, was being cared for at the John Radcliffe Hospital when she died on January 4 this year.

Opening her inquest on Wednesday afternoon, senior coroner Darren Salter said her cause of death had been given as a hypoxic brain injury caused by her choking on a piece of steak.

He adjourned the case for a full inquest on April 20.

Ms Atack was said to have been born in Hebburn, in Tyne and Wear, in 1944. She lived with her husband in Western Avenue, Didcot.