PLANS to open a new KFC in an Oxford retail park have been submitted. 

The application to Oxford City Council is to transform the former Carphone Warehouse at Templars Shopping Park into the famous franchise. 

If the plans get the green light, it is predicted that the restaurant will generate up to 30 jobs.

On average, these jobs tend to be split with about 40 per cent full time jobs and the remaining being 60 per cent on a part time basis.

The proposed opening hours are: Sunday to Thursday (10.30am to 11pm) and Friday to Saturday (10.30am-12pm).

Deliveries will be carried out solely to the rear of the unit, via the designated service yard.

Deliveries will be restricted to between 7am and 8.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 8am to 5pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

To view the planning application on the city council website, search the planning portal using the planning reference 21/02870/FUL.


Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on or 01865 425 445.