CREWS were called to an electrical fire this morning at a house in Bicester.

Firefighters from Bicester fire station rushed to the scene in Goodwood Close shortly after 3am.

On arrival they found a fire at the back of the property involving the electrics for a vehicle charging point which had spread to the house.

ALSO READ: Person taken to hospital after two-lorry crash on A34

The fire was extinguished using a carbon dioxide extinguisher and a hosereel once the electrics had been made safe.

Oxford Mail:

Because the owner was awake at the time, smelt the smoke and called the fire service straight away, the damage from the fire was limited to the exterior of the house.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said on Facebook: "If the fire hadn’t have been detected at such an early stage this could have been far worse. Working smoke alarms are the best form of defence in detecting and raising the alarm in the event of a fire so please test yours today."

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on or 01865 425 445.