Fire crews urged residents to get chimneys swept before autumn after a bird's nest was suspected of causing a fire in Witney.

A crew from Witney Fire Station supported by the  hydraulic platform from Rewley Road Fire Station attended reports of a chimney fire in the West End area at about 6.20pm yesterday.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted: "The cause is believed to be a build up of nesting materials from birds over the spring and summer.

"We would like to remind everyone to make sure as we go into the autumn and winter to get their chimneys checked and swept by a professional."