A garage was completely destroyed after a faulty tumble dryer caught fire.

Crews from Bicester and Oxford attended the blaze on Sunday afternoon making it the ninth call of the day for the Bicester crews.

ALSO READ: Neighbours rescue person from serious house fire in Oxford

Firefighters in breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using high pressure hosereels and firefighting jets.

Early investigations put the cause of fire to be a faulty tumble dryer.

The fire started while the occupiers were away from the property for a short period of time.

The fire service said on Facebook: "This is a timely reminder to not leave domestic appliances on whilst not at home."

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on news@nqo.com or 01865 425 445.