A small fire broke out in the front wheels of a school bus after the brakes overheated yesterday morning.

All 14 pupils were quickly and safely evacuated.

Two crews from Bicester Fire Station dealt with the fire in Fewcott.

Called just before 7.40, the driver spotted the small fire in the front wheels caused by overheating brakes when stopping at a school bus stop.

There were no issues for school pupils and crews were able to cool the front wheels with hose-reels to enable the vehicle to be recovered.

The prompt action of the driver, meant that the incident was able to be resolved quickly and safely.

The road was shut for around 30 minutes and a replacement bus was arranged for pupils.