THE CITY council has provided information on how to report anybody breaking lockdown rules. 

Oxford City Council has encouraged people to report businesses breaking the restrictions or people having house parties. 

Residents wanting to report either of the above should call the council or email  

Read here: Are trips to waste centre's essential? 

The council said it works with Thames Valley Police as the 'local responders' to reports of house parties and businesses that should not be trading.

Both the police and the council also patrol the parks in the city at nighttime, in order to deter social gatherings.

The country is currently under a strict national lockdown and the Government has said people must stay at home.

Read also: Lockdown 3: Oxford businesses react to the news 

This means you must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. 

Necessary journeys include essential shopping for yourself or a vulnerable person, go to work, if you cannot work from home, or to exercise once a day.

Social gatherings are banned.

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on or 01865 425 445.