TWO men have appeared at court after separate undercover stings - one from police and another by so-called 'paedophile hunters.'

Patrick Jessemey appeared to be sentenced at Oxford Crown Court yesterday after inciting a fictional child to sexual activity.

Meanwhile, Matthew Tatton appeared at the same court where he pleaded guilty to similar offences after a separate sting operation carried out by a citizens group targetting paedophiles.

READ ALSO: Yob glassed reveller outside Witney pub before throwing a recycling bin at another man.

Both men had their sentencing hearings adjourned while further information is obtained.

Jessemey, 75, of Wantage Road, Didcot, had already pleaded guilty last month to attempting to incite a girl aged under 13 to sexual activity.

That offence took place in August last year and involved an undercover police operation.

While Jessemey believed the victim in that case was a 12-year-old girl the decoy child was really a police officer.

At his sentencing hearing presiding Judge Michael Gledhill QC adjourned the case so that more information on a Court of Appeal hearing of a similar matter could be obtained.

He told Jessemey: "You will understand why I am adjourning sentence in your case.

"I want to see what the Court of Appeal has said in a similar case.

"Particularly how to approach somebody who contacts a 12-year-old girl, in their own mind, to engage in sexual activity."

READ ALSO: Thief who stole £1,000 of alcohol from Tesco spared jail.

That case was adjourned and Jessemey was released on bail to appear at the same court on October 21.

Meanwhile, at the same court yesterday Tatton, 31, of Allnatt Avenue, Wallingford, appeared facing two similar offences.

He pleaded guilty to one count of attempting to incite a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity and one of attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child.

Jonathan Stone, prosecuting, told the court the case involved 'paedophile hunters' who purported online to be two young girls aged 10 and 11.

He said that a hotel room in Southampton was 'mooted' and that sexual images were shared - including Tatton sending a picture of his penis.

Mr Stone said the case involved 'grooming behaviour' and those offences took place in January and February 2018.

Presiding Judge Ian Pringle QC agreed to adjourn that case while a pre-sentence report is prepared.

That report will be prepared by the National Probation Service.

Judge Pringle warned that adjourning the case for a report was in order to consider 'the length of sentence and not the type.'

The case was adjourned until October 22 for sentencing and Tatton was released on bail in the meantime.

As both cases were adjourned the full facts behind the offences were not aired in court and defence barristers did not provide mitigation.