A MAN who stabbed a woman in the chest after she refused to have sex with him has been jailed.

Risman Naitsoka had denied the knife attack and said his victim had ‘stabbed herself,’ and a sentencing judge heard this morning that he continues to deny any wrong-doing.

In a victim personal statement read out at court the woman described the incident as her ‘hell day’ and said she had been left traumatised by her ordeal.

Naitsoka, 40, of Grove Street, Wantage went to trial at Oxford Crown Court last month after denying one count of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Despite his denial jurors found him guilty and he was sentenced at the same court today.

During the case jurors were told that that the incident of violence took place on Tuesday, November 5, last year at an address in Wantage.

Naitsoka had been in a 'romantic relationship' with his victim which was described in court as 'tempestuous.'

An order had previously been imposed banning contact between the two.

Despite this order they met up that day and Naitsoka ended up going to her home in Wantage.

Julian Lynch, prosecuting, said that at the house it became apparent that Naitsoka had been drinking alcohol.

While at her home, Naitsoka propositioned the woman for sex, jurors were told, which she declined.

Mr Lynch said: "At that stage [he] begins to shout at her, calls her names, accusing her of sleeping with other men."

The woman then asked Naitsoka to leave and it was after this that the knife attack took place.

Naitsoka produced a knife belonging to the woman and from the kitchen, before stabbing her in the top left side of her chest.

The blow was delivered with such force that the knife 'snaps off', prosecutors said, leaving the blade stuck inside the woman.

It was then that Naitsoka ran off, and emergency services were later contacted.

Denying all wrong-doing Naitsoka went on to claim that the woman 'stabbed herself.'

In a victim personal statement the victim said the attack had traumatised her and left her suffering with anxiety and flashbacks.

It was also revealed today that Naitsoka has five previous offences to his name – including one offence of battery against the same victim in May last year.

In mitigation Richard Davies, defending, said that the attack was a ‘single blow’ and was not sustained or repeated.

He added that his client – an asylum seeker from Somalia – was from a ‘vulnerable background.’

Sentencing, Judge Maria Lamb said it was ‘miraculous’ that the knife wound missed the woman’s vital organs.

Naitsoka was jailed for nine years and made subject to a restraining order for 10 years.

He must also pay a victim surcharge.