A takeaway in Witney has been forced to close due to a kitchen fire. 

Ahmed's Tandoori, based at Eagle Industrial Estate, announced the news on social media today.

A post on Facebook page Spotted Witney from those behind the business said: "Unfortunately, last night Ahmed's in Witney caught fire and will be temporarily closed.

ALSO READ: David Cameron criticised over 'food bank' volunteering

"We will be reopening as soon as possible and will keep our customers updated.

"We thank you all for your support through this difficult time.

"Thankfully, no one was hurt and we look forward to welcoming our customers back soon. Ahmed and Tony."

The takeaway's website confirms the business is currently closed due to a fire in its kitchen.