CREWS scrambled to a van that caught fire with flames spreading to a barber shop and flat.

The blaze happened in Thame at around 3.40pm yesterday and firefighters from Thame, Slade Park and Buckinghamshire stations attended the scene.

A van that was parked next to Figaro's Barber in Park Street was in flames which spread to the ground floor shop as well as a flat above.

Oxford Mail:

ALSO READ: Family quickly leave house after microwave fire

The fire crews, who were in breathing apparatus, managed to extinguish the blaze by using high pressure hosereels.

Nobody was hurt in the incident and the fire is believed to be accidental.

Park Street was closed for a short time to ensure safety of the firefighters.