A MAN sexually abused a young girl and gave her money after one of his sex attacks, a court heard.

After one of the alleged sex assaults the child claimed she told Bashir Ntego she would 'pour oil' into his eyes if he didn't back off and if he did it again.

The 43-year-old of Turner View, Headington, denies three counts alleging the sexual assault of a child under 13.

His trial at Oxford Crown Court got under way today.

READ ALSO: Witney MP Robert Courts received donation from Russia-linked backer.

Outlining the case to the jury prosecutor Isabel Delamere said Ntego carried out three separate attacks upon the girl.

She claimed the abuse all took place between August 2016 and August 2018 and involved one child victim - who cannot be named for legal reasons.

Jurors went on to watch a recorded police interview the child gave after the allegations had first came to light.

In that interview she told police the abuse made her feel 'disgusting.'

She said: "He touched me in places that are private and [it was done] forcefully and he said that I could not tell anyone."

Outlining the three separate incidents she said that once she had woken up to find Ntego kissing her on the lips.

Waking up, the alleged victim told police, she asked what he was doing and he made a 'shush' motion before leaving her.

In the second incident the girl claimed that Ntego tried to take the child's clothes off before placing a hand down her trousers.

She said that when she asked him why he had done that he gave her money before leaving.

READ ALSO: Scales of justice: Latest results from Oxford's courts.

The final incident, she said, involved Ntego picking her up and attempting to touch her.

She said that during this incident she told him to stop and she went on to threaten to pour oil into his eyes if he didn't.

He answered 'you don't have to do that' before leaving, she claimed.

Prosecutor Delamere told the jury during her opening speech that the prosecution's case was that the assaults involved sexual touching and she said there was 'no suggestion that he penetrated that girl at all.'

She also told jurors that Ntego had previously been arrested in Glasgow for sexual offences in 2014.

Ntego was convicted and he was jailed before being released from prison in 2016.

After the Oxford allegations had first come to light Ntego was arrested and under questioning he answered no comment to all of the questions put to him.

Jurors were told that Ntego claims that none of the alleged incidents ever took place.

He further maintains that he had never before been present at two of the locations in which the alleged sexual assaults took place.

Ntego denies all wrong-doing and the trial, which is expected to last about one week, continues.