FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of flats at midnight after the bin storage area went up in flames. 

Two crews from Bicester raced to Bure Park on Saturday morning but when they arrived the brick hut was already completely ruined.

The team used fire extinguishers to wash away the flames and then used cutting equipment to take off part of the damaged roof. 

Read more: 'Eat Out To Help Out' - the Oxford restaurants signed up to the scheme 

Photos show building, which is seperate from the flats, covered in black smoke with just planks of woof where a roof once was.

Oxford Mail:

Taking to Facebook, Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service said: "The store went up in flames but due to being purpose buit and away from the main properties as part of the design, this prevented any further spread to anywhere else." 

More than 60 people reacted to the post, with some shocked that the incident had happened. 

It is not known how the fire started or whether police are investigating it.