A CHEF could not be revived by his friend after taking drugs in his kitchen, an inquest heard.

Henry Hudson died at his Witney flat on October 20 last year, with an inquest concluding at Oxford Coroner’s Court yesterday.

The 30-year-old passed away after taking drugs with his friend, Matthew Edge, who had stayed at the residence for the last two days.

The court heard how the pair had smoked heroin together that night, before falling asleep on the kitchen floor at about 1.30am.

Read also: Man launched double baseball bat rampage after row with woman

Mr Edge, a musician, awoke at 3.30am to find Mr Hudson lying on his back with no pulse, the court heard.

He tried to wake his friend, but received no response and called 999 before beginning CPR.

A South Central Ambulance Service crew was dispatched at 3.32am, reaching the flat nine minutes later.

Paramedics then requested a support crew, which arrived at 3.55am with a LUCAS CPR device, used for prolonged resuscitation attempts.

They attempted to revive Mr Hudson but he remained unresponsive and was pronounced dead at 4.24am.

A toxicology report suggested ‘multiple drug toxicity’, with Oxfordshire coroner Darren Salter recording a conclusion of drug-related death.