THREE trucks of firefighters raced to a smoky house after a laptop caught fire when it was put on charge. 

A passer-by dialed 999 at 3.30pm yesterday afternoon after hearing fire alarms and spotting smoke coming from a house on Divinity Road in Oxford

Crews from Slade Park and Rewley Road stations broke into the house to hose down the flames and wearing breathing equipment tried to find any residents still inside. 

But they had a lucky escape and were waiting outside. 

Read more: Firefighters don't have the legal obligation to help with flooding and rescues

Oxford Mail:

Read more: Firefighters pay tribute to one of their own and say 'its ok not ot be ok'

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service shared pictures of the burnt laptop on Facebook which probably started the fire when it was put on charge. 

Now the fire service has warned against putting things on charge and leaving the house as well as using dodgy cables which are not made by the manufacturer.