A PRISONER who launched an 'extremely violent' attack on prison guards, arming himself with a mop, before later hurling his own urine has again been jailed.

A defence barrister called Jeramiah Lovatt on Friday 'an idiot' after he was sentenced for the violent outburst at HMP Bullingdon as well as for threatening his ex partner.

The 30-year-old of no fixed abode did not attend his sentencing at Oxford Crown Court, instead choosing to remain at prison.

He was jailed after admitting two counts of assaulting prison officers, one of throwing a noxious substance and another of sending a malicious communication.

Outlining the case prosecutor Jonathan Stone said that Lovatt was at the segregation unit of the prison near Bicester on November 28 2018.

READ ALSO: Didcot stabbing victim named locally as Darren 'Dizzy' Maccormick.

Prison officer Keith Champion went to Lovatt's cell who then 'took it upon himself to spit at him' through an observation panel which had been smashed.

A liquid was also thrown through that panel which struck the officer's head, but it was not confirmed what the substance may have been.

The same day another prison officer Robin Crouch was called to Lovatt's cell shortly after 1.30pm.

He put on protective riot gear and went to Lovatt's unit together with fellow officers.

When they arrived at his cell and looked through the smashed observation panel Lovatt said 'oh, it's you again, let's fight.'

When officers went inside a brawl ensued in which Lovatt threw punches at the guard, striking Mr Crouch twice on his protective visor.

Lovatt was described as 'extremely violent' during the bout that followed which lasted for about 30 minutes. At one stage he seized a mop but soon discarded it and the fight came to an end.

Prosecutors said that one blow was dealt with enough force to lead to a concussion injury for the officer.

The final incident at the prison happened the following day when Lovatt threw urine at another prison officer while at the segregation unit.

READ ALSO: Director at Oxfordshire company died after falling in Venice.

He was also sentenced on Friday for a separate matter in which he called an ex-partner and threatened he would kill her.

The court heard that Lovatt has 51 previous convictions and had most recently been jailed in 2015 for 60 months for multiple robberies, an arson and a theft.

He had been released from that sentence and was back in HMP Bullingdon on recall from his licence period for committing another offence.

In mitigation at the hearing his defence barrister John Carmichael said: "What an idiot, he would have been out until this offence occurred.

"Instead of being released as he would have been he remains in custody and subject to further detainment."

Sentencing, Judge Maria Lamb ordered a jail term totalling 26 months.