A WOMAN who was murdered in a block of flats died three hours after a man who fell to his death from the 14th floor on the same night, an inquest has revealed.

Emily Goodman died on the night of September 24 at Foresters Tower in Wood Farm.

Rashid Hussain died the same night after falling from a top floor window.

Police launched a murder investigation into Ms Goodman's death and said it was not looking for anybody else in connection with the case.

Oxford Mail:

Emily Goodman was named as the murder victim in the Foresters Tower investigation

An inquest that opened on Wednesday revealed that Ms Goodman died from an 'incised' wound and other neck injuries.

It also revealed that she had not lived at the fourth floor flat that she was found in.

The 42-year-old had a house on Bonar Road, two streets across from the tower.

Thames Valley Police had a scene watch in place at her home in the first few days of the murder investigation.

Police had also taped off the flats, including the bin storage area where it is thought that Mr Hussain was found.

Oxford Mail:

The 37-year-old man, who was also known as Hawar Askender Ahmad and Mostfa Hussein Rachid, had lived in the fourth floor flat before he died.

The inquest revealed that the man, who was officially single, was a car valeter.

He was born in Iraq before moving to Oxford.

On the night of September 24, police and ambulance crews rushed to the flats after residents said a man had fallen from the top.

Eye-witnesses described hearing a 'loud commotion' and glass smashing before watching a man fall from the sky.

Oxford Mail:

Read again: Man identity revealed in Foresters Tower murder investigation

Shortly after the force arrived at the flats at 9.15pm, the man was pronounced dead by a paramedic.

A post-mortem revealed that Mr Hussain died from multiple injures from his fall.

It sparked a lockdown on the flats before a search of the building, when Ms Goodman was found with severe neck injuries.

A police officer verified her death three hours later at half past midnight.

A post mortem confirmed the reason as an 'incised' wound – which is a wound or cut caused by a sharp object – and other neck injures.

The grandma-to-be, originally from London, was also single.

The inquest revealed that she did not have a job at the time of her death.

Ms Goodman's daughter Yasminah described her mother as a 'comfort blanket' with a 'cheeky smile' in a touching tribute.

Oxford Mail:

She said: "My mother was the strongest person I have ever known.

“Mum was, and always will be loved by me and she loved her friends and family so deeply.

“She was a survivor, with love as her only enemy."

Mr Ahmad's next of kin have now been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.

At the inquest opening a date was set for the full inquest.

It will be on March 18 next year.

The coroner will begin the inquests for both of them at 10am.

Oxford Mail: