A MAN was left permanently scarred and with a knife stuck in his body for two days, after a vicious, sustained, attack by his neighbour.

Aaron Glenn-Pearce was jailed at Oxford Crown Court on Wednesday after admitting the brutal violence at the shared house at which he and his victim lived.

The 33-year-old, of Divinity Road, Oxford, showed little emotion as prosecutor Jane Brady recounted the prolonged stabbing attack which took place on April 14.

Glenn-Pearce lived next door to his victim, who had been at the building for just four weeks.

The court heard there had been ‘no issues’ between them and the men would talk ‘civilly.’

On the day of the attack, a woman in the house was making noise upstairs and the victim left his room to see what was going on.

READ ALSO: Cocaine dealer's NHS mum comes to his defence at court.

The woman was ‘becoming abusive’ to him, the court heard, and he walked back to his room.

It was at that moment that Glenn-Pearce ‘without warning or provocation’ came out of his room and launched his attack.

During the onslaught Glenn-Pearce struck the man before ‘lunging’ at him with a knife, stabbing him four times.

The last blow caused the knife to become ‘stuck’ in the man’s leg and despite efforts to ‘wrestle’ it out Glenn-Pearce realised it was lodged and so he retreated back to to his own room.

READ ALSO: Philip Pullman’s The Secret Commonwealth is selling fast.

The whole assault lasted some four minutes prosecutors said, and the victim, unable to walk, had to drag himself back to his room before the police and ambulance crews arrived.

Taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital, the victim had the knife lodged in his leg for two days while he was treated for his injuries.

Despite initially denying causing grievous bodily harm with intent he later changed his mind and admitted the charge.

READ ALSO: Man fired stun gun outside Abingdon pub while 'showing off'.

In a victim personal statement, the man said the attack had left him with permanent scarring and ‘a shadow of the man he was’.

In mitigation at yesterday’s hearing defence barrister James Reilly said his client did not have any previous convictions and also suffered from Asperger's syndrome.

He called the attack at the house ‘an absolutely isolated incident.’

Glenn-Pearce was jailed for eight and a half years and must pay a victim surcharge.