A FUNDRAISING page has been set up in a bid to raise cash for the couple who lost 'everything' in a fire.

On Saturday night more than 30 firefighters battled exploding windows and a blaze which had torn through a family home on Mascord Road in Banbury.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service shared a picture on Facebook of the dramatic aftermath of the fire, which left black holes where the windows used to be and burnt out bricks.

The team explained that two residents, who lived at the house with their dog, were able to escape the fire with help from a neighbour who came to their rescue after smelling smoke.

Despite nobody being hurt, a Go Fund Me page has been set up to help get the couple back on their feet.

Oxford Mail:

So far, Linda – who is running the fundraiser – has scooped up £1,702 towards the £100,000 target.

The page explains: "Stan and Pat have lived in their house on Mascord Road for more than 55 years.

"Stan and Pat left the house, with literally just the clothes on their back, their much loved dog and Pat's handbag (saved by the fireman)."

The page was first set up on Sunday, and has since been flooded with wellwishers leaving cash and comments.

One person wrote: "Just hope what we are all giving helps to make things a little bit easier for them."

The organiser of the page went on to explain that donations are needed.

She said: "I grew up on Mascord Road, and being part of this community has enabled me to feel safe and secure therefore I am setting up this page to try and help these people, as it has pulled on my heartstrings and I want to do what I can to make a difference to this horrific ordeal.

"If you could spare any money, please donate to this fund page.

"Imagine having one set of clothes for today, tonight, tomorrow, etc."

The page can be found at gofundme.com/f/help-stanandpat-they-lose-everything-in-housefire