FIRE fighters have issued a warning after logs left next to a wood burner sparked a blaze in a living room.

Fire crews from High Wycombe, Wallingford and Thame all attended the fire at a property on Couching Street, Watlington at about 8pm last night.

A pile of logs next to a wood burning stove had caught alight causing the room to fill with smoke.

Firefighters put out the blaze using a high pressure hose reel and no further damage or injury was caused.

Station Manager Gary Danger said: “The owners of the house were very lucky that this didn’t occur later on in the night.

"This is a reminder to anyone using wood burning stoves not to store logs and kindling in the heath, as the radiant heat from the stove can cause the logs to combust. 

"Please keep your hearth clear of combustible material.”