Oxford United's little and large striking duo grabbed a goal apiece as Jim Smith's men completed their first double of the season.

Yemi Odubade and Rob Duffy both found the net in the opening 21 minutes to set up a comfortable away win against the bottom team in the Conference.

Duffy's goal - his 21st of the season - came from the penalty spot, but the big man could take credit for having made it.

Odubade's opener was all his own work. A great solo goal, even though his final shot was rather tame and took a deflection.

And to complete a good day's work, after the home side had pulled one back a minute into stoppage time, former Tamworth player Eddie Anaclet rifled in a third to make the scoreline a more realistic reflection of the play.

It was the U's first Conference double after their 2-1 victory at home to The Lambs last November.

They took the lead in the 12th minute when Odubade, out by the right touchline, cut inside past two players on a skilful dribble, and then ran across the face of the goal to give himself a better shooting angle before finding the net with a left-footed effort.

In truth, it was a fairly tame shot, but it took a slight deflection and Portuguese keeper Jose Veiga made a mess of it by allowing it to go off his arm and in.

It was the second away game in succession that Odubade had scored, after his effort at Aldershot, and his eighth goal of the season.

On a pitch that was both muddy and bobbly, United had to exert their authority early and, after a small scare in the opening minute, they did just that.

The early concern came when they conceded a free-kick and a firm far-post header by Rikkie Bains put them in trouble, but Billy Turley was then fouled when challenged by Simon Weaver.

Odubade's excellent individual goal settled down the visitors, and nine minutes later, they were two up.

Duffy impressively chested down a cross inside the area towards Chris Hargreaves, who was unable to reach it.

But Odubade, so sharp in his reactions, got to the loose ball a split second ahead of goalkeeper Veiga, who clipped him, and the referee pointed towards the spot.

United's leading scorer Duffy has a 100 per cent record with his penalties, and he never looked like surrendering that as he strode forward and planted his spot-kick straight down the middle with consumate ease as Veiga dived to his left.

Tamworth were a bit shot-shy. When Jake Edwards broke down the right, he had an opportunity to let fly, but delayed and Hargreaves risked injury by getting in a typically courageous block.

Both teams had to readjust before half-time as Oxford right back Barry Quinn trudged off with a hamstring strain, to be replaced by Matt Day, while Darryl Taylor took over from Steve Burton for the Lambs.

There was a spring in the step of the Oxford players, who clearly believed they could get more goals, as they attacked in numbers.

Soon after Duffy had put a free header wide at a corner, Hargreaves got on the end of Odubade's right-wing cross at the near post, but couldn't direct it on target.

Home fans were grumbling during the interval that the referee was giving Oxford most of the 50-50 decisions, but it certainly wasn't like that in the second half.

Tamworth played three up front to try to get back into the match, but the U's soaked up the pressure well, Gavin Johnson and Day producing some good defensive headers.

United were looking threatening at times on the break, and Danny Rose had an opportunity to release Odubade motoring forward on the left, on a swift counter-attack, but he just didn't see him.

Rose almost made it 3-0 following a fine run and cross from Anaclet. He connected with his head, but Veiga's outstretched hand, similarly off-target, connected with him at the same time.

Andy Burgess came on for Rose, and from his first touch, Burgess sent over a good pass to the feet of Duffy, who teed up Martin Foster for a shot that the Halifax man struck over the bar.

It looked like a comfortable 2-0 win as the contest entered stoppage time.

Tamworth, without a home win since November 18, then had a glimmer of hope by pulling a goal back from a free-kick, which wasn't cleared, Matty Williams volleying the ball back past Turley from just inside the area.

But moments later, with Tamworth having committed players forward in search of an equaliser, Odubade played the ball to Anaclet, who advanced forward 20 yards on the right and, not really seeing anything else on, let fly with a right-footed drive.

It was the perfect example of hitting through the ball as he struck it beautifully, and it arrowed high into the net.