A BARN appears to have been partly destroyed on Friday night in a huge fire just south of Oxford.

The blaze, just outside Chiselhampton, was captured on video by Oxford Mail reader Paula Smith as she passed through the village.

She said: "We were just on our way back from The Greyhound at Peppard Common to our house in Garsington. I would say it was opposite Haybrook IT resourcing place not far from the Golden Balls roundabout."

Officers from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue can be seen approaching the building, where hay bales can be seen in flames and one wall appears to have fallen in.

The video was recorded at 9.30pm on Friday.

Reader James Sparks, of Steventon, said the fire was still going on Saturday.

He said: "It was unattended and still on fire at 10.30am this morning.

"Barn was standing but scorched and there was only a small amount of vegetation left."