THIS IS the shocking state father-of-three Dewayne Mason left his ex-girlfriend in after a brutal attack at her Headington home.

Mason, of Humfrey Road, Barton, was jailed for seven years last Friday after beating mum-of-two Jemma Cadle at her Warren Crescent house on February 15.

A jury of seven women and five men unanimously found the 38-year-old guilty of grievous bodily harm with intent at Oxford Crown Court on August 14 after he denied the charges.

During the four-day trial, the court heard Mason went to Ms Cadle’s home in the early hours on February 15, where he punched her, strangled her, dragged her by her hair and used his knees to pin down both of her arms.

Jurors heard the attack, which lasted about two hours, left Ms Cadle with cuts and bruising to her face and arms, as well as a punctured lung and broken rib.

Senior investigating officer Det Insp Larry Johnson, of Oxfordshire’s Protecting Vulnerable People Unit, said: “This is an excellent outcome, particularly for the victim who sustained a horrific two hour attack at the hands of Mason.

“The victim has shown immense bravery throughout our investigation and to allow the photos of her injuries to be published which highlight the brutality of the attack she suffered.

“It is disappointing that Mason entered a plea of not guilty which meant that the victim had to endure a trial, give evidence in court and moreover be subject of some very intrusive questioning by the defence team.

“However, I am very pleased that the jury was able to reach a unanimous decision and was not be swayed by Mason’s defence.

“The sentence handed down is a reflection of the seriousness and gravity of the offence committed by Mason. The victim will now be able to move on with her life in the comfort that Mason will be in prison for some years to come.

“I’d like to thank all those officers and staff who worked on this investigation, as well as the Crown Prosecution Service for securing this conviction.

“I hope Mason’s sentence sends a message to offenders who carry out violent crime that Thames Valley Police will bring you to justice.”

Thames Valley Police only released the pictures today.