OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCILNotice ID: MF0278088
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF CONFIRMATION OF AN ORDER PUBLIC PATH DIVERSION AND DEFINITIVE MAP AND
STATEMENT MODIFICATION ORDER HIGHWAYS ACT 1980, WILDLIFE AND COUNTRYSIDE ACT 1981
THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, TETSWORTH FOOTPATH NOS. 33 (PART), 34 (PART), 36 (PART), 69,70 AND 72 AND BRIDLEWAY NO. 38 AND GREAT HASELEY FOOTPATH NOS. 13 (PART), 15 (PART) AND 30 (PART) AND BRIDLEWAY NO. 32.
PUBLIC PATH DIVERSION AND DEFINITIVE MAP AND
STATEMENT MODIFICATION ORDER 2018
On 12th March 2018, the Oxfordshire County Council confirmed the above Order, made on 2nd February 2018, under section 119 of the Highways Act 1980 and section 53A(2) of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. The effect of the Order as confirmed is to modify the Definitive Map and Statement for the area by diverting:
1) 56m ofTetsworth Fp 33/Great Haseley Fp 13 leading east-north-eastwards from OS SP67730433 through the entrance wall, across the Oxfordshire Golf Course, Hotel and Spa entrance at the A329 to Great Haseley Fp 12 at SP67780436 to a line running for 62m northwards, east-north-eastwards and east-south-eastwards from SP 67730433 avoiding the wall, crossing the hotel access road to Great Haseley Fp 12 at SP67780436 where it re-joins the existing footpath.
2) 100m of Great Haseley Fp 13 leading east-north-eastwards from Great Haseley Br 32 at OS SP68090454 to Great Haseley Fp 30 at SP68190458 together with the entire 1652m of Great Haseley Fp 15/Tetsworth Fp 72 following the inside and outside perimeter of the golf course from SP68190458 north-eastwards and then north-north-eastwards to SP68300495, east-north-eastwards to SP68620505, south-south-eastwards to SP68730454 and then south-eastwards to the road west-south-west of Elm Tree Farm at SP68940434to a line running along a tarmacadam path for 791m in an overall east-north-easterly direction across the golf course from Great Haseley Fp 30 at SP6818 0451 to Great Haseley Br 32 diverted under the Order at SP68690477.
3) 395m of Great Haseley Fp 30/Tetsworth Fp 69 leading generally southwards, south-westwards and then south-south-eastwards across the golf course from Great Haseley Fp 13 and Great Haseley Fp 15 at SP68190458 to Tetsworth Fp 36 at SP68060423 to a line running for 382m along a tarmacadam path south-south-westwards across the golf course from SP68190456, west-south-westwards, south-south-westwards, south-south-eastwards and then south-south-eastwards and then south-south-westwards to Tetsworth Fp 36 diverted under the Order at SP68030424.
4) 1675m of Great Haseley Br 32 /Tetsworth Br 38 leading south-south-eastwards onto the golf course from the perimeter track and Great Haseley Fp 13 (at SP68090454) to SP68100453 and then, by following the inside and outside perimeter of the golf course, leading east-north-eastwards to SP68200459, north-north-eastwards to SP68290495, east-
north-eastwards to SP68630505, southwards to SP68720454 and south-eastwards to the road at SP68930434 west-south-west of Elm Tree Farm House to a line running for 1640m along the perimeter track around the outside of the golf course from the bridleway's junction with Great Haseley Fp 13 at SP68090454, east-north-eastwards to SP68190460, north-north-eastwards to SP68260487, east-north-eastwards to SP68650504, southwards to SP68730453 and then south-eastwards to the road at SP68930435 west-south-west of Elm Tree Farm House.
5) The entire 917m length of Tetsworth Fp 34 leading north-eastwards and then north-north-westwards from Tetsworth Br 31 at SP68010348 (south-west of the Oxfordshire Golf Course, Hotel and Spa clubhouse), across the club carpark and then the playing surface of the course, to the A329 (Rycote Lane) at SP67670431 to a line running generally north-north-westwards for 915m from Tetsworth Br 31 at SP68010348, avoidingthe car park and playing surface, to the A329 (Rycote Lane)atSP67670431.
6) 1199m of Tetsworth Fp 36 running across the golf course from Great Haseley Fp 12 at SP67780434 south-south-eastwards and then east-north-eastwards to SP68090424, south-south-eastwards to SP68160412, generally eastwards to SP68490411 and south-south-westwards to SP68440386 across the course playing surface and lake water to a newline avoiding the playing surface and water (via a bridge) running overall east-north-eastwards from Tetsworth Fp 34 diverted under the Order at SP67740412 (via its junction with Tetsworth Fp 69 diverted under the Order at SP68030424), generally south-south-eastwards to SP68170409, generally north-eastwards to SP68300419, and then generally south-eastwards to SP68440386 where it re-joins the existing footpath.
7) 126m of Tetsworth Fp 70 from where it joins Tetsworth Fp 34 at SP67760414 north-north-eastwards to Tetsworth Fp 36 at SP67790427 to a new line running for 159m north-north-eastwards and then north-north-westwards from Tetsworth Fp 34 diverted under the Order at SP67730420 to Great Haseley Fp 12 at SP67780434 all as shown on the Order maps.
Acopy has been placed and may be seen free of charge during opening hours at: Thame Library, 3 North Street, Thame, Oxon, OX9 3BH; telephone 01844 212288. Copies of the Order and Order maps may be purchased from Oxfordshire County Council, Definitive Map and Commons, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND at the price of £3:50 per copy
The Order came into force on the date of confirmation but if any person aggrieved by the Order wants to question its validity, or that of any provision contained in it, on the ground that it is not within the powers of the Highways Act 1980 (the Act), as amended, and/or the powers of section 53A of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA) or on the ground that any requirement of either Act or of any regulation made under them has not been complied with in relation to the Order, he or she may, under paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 to the Act as applied by paragraph 5 of Schedule 6 to the Act and as applied by s53A(7) WCA, within six weeks from 31st May 2018 make an application to the High Court. Dated 31st May 2018
Bev Hindle, Strategic Director for Communities, Oxfordshire County Council