A34 AND A303 TRUNK ROADS (HAMPSHIRE) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0235862
A34 AND A303 TRUNK ROADS (HAMPSHIRE) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited has made an Order on the A34 and A303 Trunk Roads in the County of Hampshire, under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works are proposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order will be to authorise the phased overnight closure of:-
1. the roads leading to and from the westbound carriageway of the A303 at Winchester Road Junction (A3057);
2. the roads leading to and from the southbound carriageway of the A34 at Andover Road Interchange (A343);
3. the roads leading to and from the westbound carriageway of the A303 at Bullington Cross Interchange (A34/A30);
4. the roads leading to and from the southbound carriageway of the A34 at Bullington Cross Interchange (A303);
5. both carriageways of the A30 link road between the south-eastern roundabout and the north-western roundabout at Bullington Cross Interchange (A34/A30);
6. the south-eastern roundabout at Bullington Cross Interchange (A34/A30); and
7. access to and from the A30 at junction with the roundabout described in 6 above.
These measures are in the interests of road
safety while contractors undertake carriageway
works and all associated works.
It is expected that the work will last for
approximately 9 days starting on or after
Monday 18th September 2017. The closures
will take place between 21:00 and 06:00
The Order will come into force on
16 September 2017 and have a maximum
duration of eighteen months.
Traffic affected by the slip road and link road
closures will be diverted using other junctions of
the A303 and A34 and returning. The diversion
route will vary depending on the closure in force.
Traffic affected by the closure in 7. above, will
be diverted to join the A303 at Micheldever
The temporary closures and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they are in operation during the works period.
M Taylor, an Official of Highways England Co. Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2017/A303/147 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. A company registered in England and Wales.
For enquiries, please contact the Customer
Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or