LITTLEWORTH ROAD, BENSON: PROPOSEDTRAFFIC CALMING FEATURESNotice ID: MF0197352
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
LITTLEWORTH ROAD, BENSON: PROPOSEDTRAFFIC CALMING FEATURES
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council proposes under the Highways Act 1980 to construct the following traffic calming features along Littleworth Road in Benson, as detailed below:
- Raised junction table* - at the junction with the western access road to the new development, located approximately 270 metres west of its junction with Watlington Road,
- Carriageway kerbed build-outs* - (approximately 6m long, which will narrow the carriageway to a single lane)
- approx. 100 metres east of junction with the B4009 Oxford Road, with priority being given to traffic travelling eastwards,
- approx. 150 metres east of junction with the B4009 Oxford Road, with priority being given to traffic travelling westwards,
- approx. 150 metres west of junction with Sunnyside, with priority being given to traffic travelling eastwards.
*The above features are being considered in conjunction with the proposed speed & weight limits for Littleworth Road (currently being consulted on) and the distances are as measured from the centre ofthe junction to the centre point of the calming feature. The raised table will have a flat top of approx. length 20 metres, and will be approx. 100mm high with proposed ramp gradients of 1:12. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order are available for public inspection online by visiting: https:Hconsukations.oxfordshire.gov.uk, or in person at County Hall, New Road, Oxford OXI IND from 8.30am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday; and at Benson Library, Castle Square, Benson, OX 10 6SD from 2 to 6pm Monday, 9am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 5pm Tuesday and Friday, 2pm to 7pm Thursday and 9.30am to 12.30pm Saturday.
Objections to the proposals specifying the grounds on which they are made and any other representations to be sent in writing to the address below (or by visiting: https:Hconsultations.oxfordshire.gov.uk) no later than 24 February 2017. The County Council will consider objections and representations received in response to this Notice. They may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public.
Traffic Regulation Team (ref. CM/12.6.125) on behalf of the Director for Environment & Economy, County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OXI IND.
Tel.0345 310 1111