OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCILNotice ID: MF0197241
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
I.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL OXFORD ELECTRICVEHICLE PARKING PLACE) ORDER 20**
2.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD ELECTRICVEHICLE PARKING PLACES) (CONSEQUENTIAL CHANGESTO OXFORD - CONTROLLED PARKING ZONES)
3.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (WEST OXFORD AND OSNEY MEAD) (CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS) CONSOLIDATION (VARIATION NO. 7) ORDER 20**.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the above Orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers. The effect of the proposed orders is to designate parking places restricting use at all times for electric vehicles only i.e. solely battery powered or hybrid - connected to and using charging equipment located adjacent to the parking place on the highway. The following applies:
1) Electric vehicles (which do not exceed 2.25 tonnes, 2 metres high (exclusive of any attachments), 5 metres long and 2 metres wide) may park in the following electric vehicle parking places (EVPPs) for a maximum of 3 hours (with no return within 3 hours) between 8am and 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday - except for Southfield Road 8am to 6.30 pm on all days and for Hawksmoor Road 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
**Henry Road one vehicle space East side, 8 metres north of Botley Road
*Kineton Road two vehicle space Southwest side: 5 metres from Chilswell Road
Hendred Street one vehicle space Northwest side, 3 metres northeast of the end of the street
*Farndon Road one vehicle space North side, 12 metres east of Kingston Road
Lake Street one vehicle space Northwest side, 6 metres west of No. 43
*Winchester Road one vehicle space East side, 46 metres south of Canterbury Road
Bedford Street one vehicle space Southeast side: 10 metres southwest of Warwick Street
*West Street one vehicle space West side, 10 metres north ofthe boundary of 58/59
*Stockmore Street one vehicle space Northwest side; 1 metre southwest of No. 1.
*Southfield Road one vehicle space Southeast side: 18 metres northeast of No. 130
*Vicarage Close two vehicle space East side, 10 metres south St Nicholas Road
*Hawksmoor Road one vehicle space North side 238 metres east of Hawksmoor Road
*Bainton Road one vehicle space North side, 39 metres east of Phoebe Court.
* these parking places are currently designated as permit parking places in CPZ Orders. **Henry Road ? the existing time limited general parking place (1 hour 8am-6.30pm Monday to Saturday) in Henry Road is reduced from 2 spaces to a single space.
2) For those EVPPs which are currently permit parking places the requirement to display a valid permit is suspended during the above hours to allow use by any electric vehicle connected to chargingequipment but reverts outside ofthese hours when the parking permit requirements of the relevant Controlled Parking Zone Order will apply.
3) Exemptions are included for active loading and unloading people boarding or alighting a vehicle the emergency services universal service providers vehicles being used in connection with road works or for utility services and official funeral vehicles.
4) Any person wishing to park an electric vehicle at an EVPP in conformity with the new order will separately need to enter into arrangements with the organisation who will be arranging supplyofcharging equipment adjacent to the parking place. Oxford City Council is currently procuring an organisation to undertake this service and further information will be circulated.
5) ThefollowingOxfordshireCountyCouncil CPZOrderswill bevaried toaccommodate the proposed changes: The Oxfordshire County Council (East Oxford) (Waiting Restriction and Traffic Management) Order 2010 as amended; The Oxfordshire CountyCouncil (MincheryFarm) (Oxford) (Controlled ParkingZones) Order 2005 as amended;TheOxfordshireCountyCouncil (North Oxford)(Controlled ParkingZones and Various Restrictions) Order 2004 as amended;The Oxfordshire County Council (South Oxford) (Controlled Parking Zone and Waiting Restrictions) Consolidation Order 2009 as amended;The Oxfordshire County Council (Walton Manor Oxford) (Parking Places and Traffic Management) (Consolidation) Order 2003 as amended; The Oxfordshire County Council (Walton Manor; Oxford)(Parking Places and Traffic Management) (Consolidation) Order 2003 as amended; The Oxfordshire County Council (West Oxford and Osney Mead) (Controlled Parking Zone and Waiting Restrictions) Consolidation Order 2009 as amended;The Oxfordshire County Council (Oxford - Divinity Road Area) (Controlled Parking Zone and Waiting Restrictions) Order 2012 as amended; and The Oxfordshire County Council (North Summertown) (Controlled Parking Zone and Waiting Restrictions) Order 2007 as amended.
Documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders are available for public inspection at County Hall, New Road, Oxford OXI IND, and at the following Libraries: Botley Library, Elms Court, OX2 9LP; from 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 9.30am to 7pm Friday and 9.30am to Ipm Saturday; Cowley, Temple Road, OX4 2EZ from 9am to 5.30pm Monday & Friday; 9am to 7pm Tuesday & Wednesday; and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday; Summertown South Parade, OX2 7JN Monday & Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm, Tuesday & Thursday 9.30am - 7.00pm, Saturday 9.00am - 4.30pm.
Objections to the proposal, specifying the grounds on which they are made, and any other representations, should be sent in writing to the address below (quoting ref. DMT/ULEV) no later than 17 February 2017 The County Council will consider objections and representations received in response to this Notice. They may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public.
Traffic Regulations Team for the Director for Environment and Economy, Oxfordshire County Council, County Hall, Oxford OXI IND.